Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Legal Guardianship Granted

 Unknown to the three other people in the room I had tears in my eyes  
while Judge Kibiito read the terms of the legal guardianship he had  
granted to me of Anna Kymigisha and Lydia Kwikiliza. The details were  
what I had anticipated but hearing them out loud made it powerful and  
above all, binding. They were the very details of my commitment that  
I'd poured out my heart to God and to the girls on paper and in prayer  
about on Monday morning overlooking a stunning view of His very  
creation. It was the closest thing I have ever done that held such a  
weighty a commitment as this and more than any other i had made in my  
entire life. It is a commitment I would not have dared enter in to  
without God's presence and the work of the Holy Spirit in my life and  
theirs. Throughly convinced of these truths that he is Emmanuel and  
apart from him I can do nothing.  At home Kym waited for me with a  
sitter, sick with malaria and having taken strong medication to defeat  
the parasites in her body. She will likely return to school by the end  
of the week.  I doubt that Kym and Lydia have any idea what this  
means, besides they will be able to go to America. However Uganda is  
where i hope to make my home so that they grow up here and have every  
advantage so that one day perhaps they will return to Bundibugyo and  
be one way God works light in to the darkness. This will be through  
the Spirit in their lives to will and work his good purposes. I will  
do my best to bring them up to know God, the love of Jesus and I will  
pray that they will bow their knee to the LORD of Creation.

            Psalm 95
Sing to the LORD a new song;
 sing to the LORD all the earth.
Sing to the LORD, Praise His name;
 proclaim his salvation day after day.
Declare His glory among the nations,
his marvelous deeds among the peoples.
For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
he is to be feared above all gods.
For all the gods of nations are idols,
but the LORD made the heavens.
Splendor and majesty are before him;